Are you looking for a way to expand your network, build or enhance your skills and make a difference? How about joining The WICT Network New England’s Board of Directors for the 2023-2024 term? We believe that this work has never been more critical than it is today. We are seeking motivated individuals whose experience and collaborative mindset would be an asset to our organization. We hope that you will consider applying! Please share with any non-members interested in getting involved with The WICT Network.
To submit your name for nomination and consideration, please apply here by Friday, September 2.
The following board roles are available for two-year terms starting January 2023:
Mentor Director -Coordinates mentor pairings, plan mentor events, create mentor newsletter and ensure program continuity.
MarCom Director– At the direction of the Marcom Chair, creates and oversees all chapter related communications including event registrations, emails, our website, as well as maintaining our social media sites to ensure accurate and timely communication to members.
- Assists Marcom Chair with the distribution of email and social media material.
- Builds graphics for our promotional materials and updates the our website as needed.
- Maintains and updates all social media platforms.
- Attend monthly board meetings and programming meetings.
- Contributes to chapter programming ideas.
- Collaborates with Programming Chair to ensure communication timelines are met.
- Ensures that all marketing materials are reviewed and approved by WICT National prior to release.
- Participates in the development and execution of a regular member newsletter to increase member engagement.
Secretary– Manages the overall administration of the board:
- Attends all board meetings and records all proceedings of such meetings.
- Distributes meeting minutes to the board in a timely manner.
- Compile chapter documents for archive purposes.
- Provides continuity for the succession planning process and formulates plans for his/her term by organizing the succession planning committee.
- Organizes and plans board meetings and any board related activities.
- Responsible for the dissemination and implementation of the Model Chapter Business Plan.
- Assists as needed as outlined by chapter leaders.
Program Director– At the direction of the Program Chair, Program Directors are also responsible for the planning and execution of chapter events:
- Has an awareness and understanding of the annual program budget established by the executive board.
- Working with the Program Chair and fellow board members, to create, plan and execute chapter programming initiatives.
- Setting up meetings for budgeting, staffing and follow-up for each program.
- Assisting in the preparation of post-program recaps as well as the preparation and distribution of post-event program surveys. Recaps are submitted to the Marcom team within X days?
- Facilitate the management of information provided in post-event survey results to ensure programs are meeting members’ needs. Surveys are sent within X days following the event, and results reported to executive board
If you have questions about the roles and responsibilities, please reach out to Sara Nizzardo. Board interviews will be conducted by the selection committee via Zoom in September, and final selections will be made by October 1. This timeline ensures the board members completing their terms can help transition the new board members at the end of the calendar year.